Join us in putting the “care” in “career.”
Interested in exploring personally and professionally fulfilling employment opportunities with Breeze Hospice?
We welcome health-care and administrative professionals with a true commitment to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of hospice patients. If that describes you, we’d like to hear from you.
At Breeze Hospice, we understand and celebrate the critical role volunteers play in our cycle of care. Volunteers truly make it possible for us to provide the full complement of compassionate attention our patients deserve.
When you join the Breeze team as a hospice volunteer, you can be assured it will be one of the most satisfying experiences of your life. Few acts are as rewarding as providing comfort and solace to another person during a difficult time. Your volunteer efforts can help ensure the end-of-life path flows as smoothly as possible for our patients.
There are many ways in which Breeze volunteers make our clients a priority:
- Assisting with clerical duties at the Breeze office
- Reading and playing games with patients
- Providing conversation and interaction
- Staying with patients when family members need a break
- Assisting with personal care needs such as hair and makeup
- Helping patients write letters and record memories or life stories
- Writing down patient needs and requests
- Running patients’ errands
- Doing crafts and projects together
- Helping with light chores and household needs
- Playing music or singing together
- Providing a listening ear for patient and family
- Staying with a patient during his or her final hours
Breeze’s U.S. veteran volunteers also provide special attention for military members in hospice care.
Our program is designed to be flexible so it fits your busy life. You can opt for a regular cycle of volunteering, or contribute time occasionally when your schedule permits. You’ll receive a thorough orientation so you know what to expect before you begin visiting patients. At Breeze Hospice, we are committed to creating a volunteer experience that works well for you.